Winner of the ECPA Book of the Year Award for Bibles
Explore the Ancient World Behind the Written Word
Created by a team of field-trained archaeologists, this highly illustrative Bible features brand-new notes and hundreds of helpful maps and photographs.
2,000+ study notes, 400+ full-color photographs, 200+ maps and diagrams, 15 articles, 4 timelines, and more.
The ESV Archaeology Study Bible roots the biblical text in its historical and cultural context, offering readers a framework for better understanding the people, places, and events recorded in Scripture.
With editorial oversight from Dr. John Currid (PhD, University of Chicago) and Dr. David Chapman (PhD, University of Cambridge), as well as contributions from a team of field-trained archaeologists, the ESV Archaeology Study Bible assembles a range of modern scholarship―pairing the biblical text with over 2,000 study notes, 400 full-color photographs, 200 maps and diagrams, 200 sidebars, 15 articles, and 4 timelines.
These features bring life to the ancient texts, helping readers situate them in their historical context while recognizing the truth that the eternal God became flesh entered human history at a specific time and in a specific place.
- 2,000+ study notes
- 400+ full-color photographs
- 200+ maps and diagrams
- 200+ informational sidebars
- 15 articles like “The Bible and History,” “Archaeology and Preaching,” “Major Biblical Finds,” and “Daily Life in the New Testament Era”
- 4 timelines
- Black-letter text
- 6" x 9"
- 9-point type (Bible text)
- 8-point type (Study notes)
- 2,624 pages
- Double-column, paragraph format
- Cross references
- Presentation page
ESV ARCHAEOLOGY BROWN TRUTONE 416 9 PT
- Imitation Leather: 2048 pages
- Publisher: Crossway; Lea edition (April 24, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1433550415
- ISBN-13: 978-1433550416
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 2 x 10 inches